Why Freedom from Food?
After studying hypnotherapy, I began my first venture as a therapist in my private practice, South Eastern Hypnotherapy & Counselling. It was after this that I started studying psychology and I was later offered a role as a counsellor at a drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility in Melbourne’s bayside. There I was immersed in to the world of substance addiction and disordered eating.
Fast forward another couple of years and I have since moved to the western suburbs of Melbourne. Not only had my experience, studies and priorities since I began my career changed and become more focused; my location was different as well. Clearly, a change of name and a new focus was in order. Enter…..
Freedom from Food - Mission and Values
Freedom from Food was born of a vision to create a place, where people could safely come to explore their relationships with food, and recover from all food and body related issues along the spectrum.
Whether you have been diagnosed with an eating disorder, experience disordered eating patterns or are just plain tired of yo-yo dieting and body dissatisfaction, then you have come to the right place! You can read more about exactly what Freedom from Food is here.
At Freedom from Food, I work hard to practice and embody my core values. These include....
- Creating a culture of warmth, belonging and connection
- Nurturing a therapeutic relationship built upon trust, safety and freedom from judgement
- Acknowledging the individuality of all people by embracing a unique, creative and curious approach to therapy
- Empowering clients with support and opportunities designed to create desired outcomes and add value
- Paving the way to recovery through leadership, authenticity and integrity
I do all of this by offering uniquely tailored individual programs of therapy, recovery support groups and online courses, as well as education and information for those with disordered eating and the people who care for them.
For more information, you can explore your options with one of the following